The opportunity to photograph an significant industrial site in danger of being demolished is quite infrequent, as most sites are inaccessible for reasons of security, reluctant owners or property managers, or liability. But collected into a corner at Lisbon and Evins streets in Cleveland, Ohio, at the junction of the Cleveland & Pittsburg Railroad and the New York, Chicago & St. Louis Railroad (Nickel Plate), was a sundry of businesses that made an impact on Cleveland’s history, growth and influence.
Posts Tagged "Industry"
There are 48 results found
The Van Dorn Iron Company was located along 79th Street in Cleveland, Ohio and is in a state of demolition.
The Crowell-Collier Publishing Company was the world’s largest magazine publishing house with its primary manufacturing plant located along High Street in Springfield, Ohio. The editorial, circulation and business offices were located in Chicago and New York, with the printing operations located in Springfield. [...]
The Cleveland, Ohio Cedar Avenue substation was constructed in 1917, and was the first automatic substation completed for the Cleveland Railway Company. It was closed in 1948.
If buildings could have diaries, the complex of industrial structures along Ashland Road in Cleveland, Ohio would be overflowing with details on its long and illustrious history. Not much has been written about the complex, owing to a lack of [...]