Commercial

Above City News

Above City News

98 North Main Street in downtown Mansfield, Ohio was home to various businesses at one point, including the Mansfield Restaurant. It is home to Coney Island Diner, the city’s oldest restaurant.

Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Status: Active

Catlettsburg National Bank Building

Catlettsburg National Bank Building

The Catlettsburg National Bank Building was located in Catlettsburg, Kentucky and served as the headquarters for the Catlettsburg National Bank. The building was constructed in 1885 in the late Victorian architectural style. After years of abandonment, it partially collapsed and was subsequently demolished in July 2014.

Location: Catlettsburg, Kentucky
Status: Demolished

Cavanaugh Company

Cavanaugh Company

The Cavanaugh Company was an hardware wholesale supply company that supplied cast iron pipe, corrugated pipe, road machinery, metallic paints, terra cotta, windows and fireproof doors, among many other items in Youngstown, Ohio.

Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Status: Abandoned

Charles Schroer Mortuary

Charles Schroer Mortuary

Charles Schroer Mortuary is located at 131 North Diamond Street in downtown Mansfield, Ohio and was founded in 1857 by Charles Schroer Sr. The present building was erected in 1917, closing in the early 1960s.

Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Status: Active

Farmers Bank

Established by William F. Heathman, Heathman constructed the Farmers Bank in Clintonville, Kentucky in 1903. The modest one-story building, facing Kentucky State Route 57, closed in the 1920s.

Location: Clintonville, Kentucky
Status: Closed

F.W. Woolworth

The F.W. Woolworth five-and-dime store was a fixture in downtown Lexington, Kentucky from 1901 to 1990, when the store closed due to depressing downtown retail conditions. The building has since been demolished.

Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Status: Demolished

Hillside Nursing Home

Hillside Nursing Home

Hillside Nursing Home featured 67 certified and licensed beds spread amongst two structures in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Status: Demolished

Lafayette Building

Lafayette Building

Constructed in 1923-24, the Lafayette Building was built within a triangular lot bordered by West Lafayette Boulevard, Michigan Avenue and Shelby Street in downtown Detroit, Michigan. After years of decline, the Lafayette was closed in 1997 and razed a decade later.

Location: Detroit, Michigan
Status: Demolished

Legal Arts Building

Legal Arts Building

The Legal Arts Building is located at 101 Market Street in downtown Youngstown, Ohio and was constructed for $2 million by Stephen Baytos in 1965 to house legal offices for the Mahoning County Courthouse. Its location was the site of a Sears Roebuck department store.

Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Status: Abandoned

Mansfield Savings Bank

Mansfield Savings Bank

Mansfield Savings Bank is located at the corner of 4 West Fourth and North Main Street in downtown Mansfield, Ohio and operated at that location from 1914 until the early 1980s.

Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Status: Active

Memorial Hall

Memorial Hall

Memorial Hall in Ironton, Ohio opened on September 22, 1892 on the site of a former market place at Railroad and North 4th streets. Dedicated to the Grand Army of the Republic, the Women’s Relief Corps, American Expeditionary Forces and the Spanish-American War soldiers, the building housed a library and relics from the war and later the city hall and jail. It was abandoned in 1996.

Location: Ironton, Ohio
Status: Demolished

Midway Plaza

Midway Plaza is a nearly abandoned shopping center in Man, West Virginia.

Location: Man, West Virginia
Status: Active

Millard Field Building

The six-story Millard F. Field Building is located at Winchester Avenue and 16th Street in downtown Ashland, Kentucky and was home to the Field Department Store and later Sears.

Location: Ashland, Kentucky
Status: Renovated/Active

P. Deniro Building

P. Deniro Building

The P. Deniro Building is located in Youngstown, Ohio and originally housed a drug store and another commercial operation on the first floor, and several apartments on the second and third floor.

Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Status: Abandoned

Palisades Adventures

The Palisades, with their sheer limestone cliffs and majestic overlooks, line the Kentucky River west of Versailles, Kentucky. A tourist operation once catered to the pleasure boaters but has long been abandoned.

Location: Kentucky
Status: Demolished

St. Vincent De Paul Building

St. Vincent De Paul Building

The St. Vincent De Paul Building is located at 235 Wick Avenue in Youngstown, Ohio and was constructed in 1924. Prior to the completion of the commercial building, the block was used primarily for residences.

Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Status: Closed

20120908-_DSC4378

Stambaugh Building

The Stambaugh Building is located at 44 East Federal Plaza in Youngstown, Ohio, and was completed in 1907. The twelve-story, neo-classical revival building replaced several lots that were occupied by the Park House.

Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Status: Under Renovations

Tahquamenon Artesian Well Water Company

The Tahquamenon Artesian Well Water Company is located along Main Street in McMillian, Michigan. Constructed as the McMillian School, the building was later used for the Tahquamenon Artesian Well Water Company.

Location: McMillian, Michigan
Status: Closed

Tecumseh Building

Tecumseh Building

The Tecumseh Building, also known as the Francis Drolla Building, is located at 34 West High Street in downtown Springfield, Ohio and was designed by J.A. Poss and W.E. Russ in the early Commercial architectural style. Although currently vacant, it is under study to be converted into 37 apartments.

Location: Springfield, Ohio
Status: Abandoned

Wick Building

Wick Building

The Wick Building is located at 34 West Federal Street at North Phelps Street in Youngstown, Ohio. Completed in 1910, the 13-story building is being rehabilitated into market-rate apartments.

Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Status: Under Renovations

Other

Bushnell Building


Friars Club

Friars’ Club

The Cincinnati, Ohio Friars Club is a non-profit social service organization that is dedicated to serving at-risk and disadvantaged children through organized sports, activity, nutrition and fitness. It’s Clifton Heights location was demolished in 2010 in favor of a student housing complex.

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Status: Demolished

McNeel Mill

McNeel Mill

Operating from 1865 to 1945, the McNeel Mill in West Virginia has been restored to its former glory and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Location: West Virginia
Status: Under Renovations

Vintage gasoline stations