Old Crow Distillery Tours
Want to explore, photograph or learn more Old Crow Distillery in Kentucky? Mark your calendar down for July 5 or July 26!
Two events will be offered:
- A guided tour of the Old Crow Distillery. Guided tours are kept to a maximum of 25 persons so that you may interact with an Abandoned guide. It will be offered at 2 PM and the tour will take approximately 1 to 1.5 hours. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the tour. Visitors are encouraged to bring a hand-held camera along when they visit the distillery so that they may capture the history and beauty of this magnificent industrial structure.
- A professional photography event for those with professional photography equipment and/or models which will be capped at 20 persons, excluding models. This is led by Abandoned but you can wander at your leisure. It will begin at 9 AM and is good for 5 hours.
- Models and/or assistants will need to pay a fee. The model and/or assistant must accompany the photographer at all times. There is a maximum of 2 models/assistants per photographer unless otherwise waived.
Your ticket will read either:
- “Guided Tour – 2 PM” or
- “Professional Photography – 9 AM”
Use that to determine what time you show up.
You can either print your ticket ahead of time, or show it on your mobile device. If you do not have either prepared, your admission can only be guaranteed by an official identification card, such as a drivers license. The name on the card must match the ticket name.
From Interstate 64, take Exit 58 for US 60. Follow US 60 south for .2 miles. Turn right onto KY 1681 south and follow for 2.5 miles. Turn right onto KY 1659 north and follow for 1.6 miles. You will pass by Old Taylor Distillery, the entrance to Jim Bean warehousing operations and then the entrance to Old Crow Distillery/ Deviant Distillery. Turn left and park in the graveled area.
The address for your GPS unit is 3501 McCracken Pike Frankfort, KY 40601.
- The guided tour is open just to those with hand-held cameras and other mobile devices (think iPhone and Android).
- The professional photography event is open to those with tripods, lighting accessories, monopods, easels and so forth.
- No open-toed shoes will be allowed. Boots or thick soled shoes are preferred.
- Certain areas will be closed to the public. Do not remove or relocate barricades or locks.
- There will be one portable restroom on-site.
- Mobile phone usage will be limited. Those with Verizon will generally have 4G/LTE service; other carriers will vary.
- No partaking in smoking, drugs, alcohol or sex on the premises.
- An Abandoned guide will be walking the grounds if you require assistance or have questions.
Specific to Photographers
- Model restrictions include no full-nudity, semi-nudity, risqué, graphically violent or sexual poses.
- No adhesives, tacks or nails may be applied to any painted surface.
- No candles or open flames are allowed.
- No fog or bubble machines are allowed.
- There is no electric hookups available in most of the complex.
Frequently Asked Questions
- My ticket says the event begins at 9 AM, but I thought the guided tour starts at 2 PM?
The events begin at 9 AM for the photography event, but the guided tour begins at 2 PM. For the purposes of the ticket event handler, an overall time was specified. If you are unsure of the time, check your ticket stub for either “Professional Photography – 9 AM” or “Guided Tour – 2 PM.”
- What kind of camera can I bring along to the guided tour?
If you can hand hold it, you can bring it. This includes point-and-shoot cameras, 35mm/SLR cameras and mobile/cell devices, such as iPhones, Androids and Microsoft devices. No tripods, monopods and other devices will be allowed on the guided tour due to the fluid movement of the event.
- Will there be food and drinks available? And other items?
Yes, there will be some snacks and drinks available for purchase. Shirts, caps and shot glasses from Deviant Distillers will be for sale as well.
- Is it dirty?
Yes. Very much so. It will be wise to be prepared. Bring hand sanitizer. A respirator mask that can fit a P100 filter because asbestos is present in the distillery may be a wise choice for the photography event.
Additional information can be found via Eventbrite.