The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum was constructed between 1858 and 1881 in Weston, West Virginia, and is the largest hand-cut stone masonry building in North America. It is a Kirkbride, and housed 250 patients when it initially opened – peaking at 2,400 by the 1950s. The hospital closed in 1994 after suffering for years due to overcrowding and generally deteriorating conditions.
- But on July 28th, a special Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum Tour for Photographers, by Abandoned will be held from 8 AM to 12 PM. It is a four hour event in the morning. The event includes the Kirkbride, Medical Center, Geriatric building, exteriors of all buildings and the grounds.
- The price for the event is $132.50 per person (price includes tax).
- A minimum of 10 participants is required for this event.
- The ticket(s) are not refundable.
- A minimum of one ticket to a maximum of five tickets can be purchased per order.
- Registration ends on July 24 at 11:30 PM EST.
- The location of the event is 71 South Asylum Drive, Weston, West Virginia.
- Tagged: Event, featured, Hospital, West Virginia